How to install rain gutter is a common question for every landlord. If the person can install his house gutter then possibly he could save same money. Let’s learn the proper installation process of gutter. By following proper installation guide your gutter longevity will extend.
Rain Gutter Install plans: Before installing gutter draw a sketch according to the measurement of your house that will keep your workflow smooth. As a new gutter installer measure your house fascia and gather the necessary tools. Perhaps you are going to replace your gutter, in that case inspect the fascia very well if there’s anywhere rotten wood seen. Replace fascia wood or prime and paint it before hanging the gutter.
- Note down the length of rain gutter runs and mark up the downspout locations. Count up the corners (inside & outside) and end caps (right or left ends)
- Add four feet with the height of downspouts each extension away from the house. Each downspout needs three elbows front elbow or side elbow
- Locate downspout area where water can run directly away from house
Following image will guide you how to draw your sketch…..
- 1 1/4″ self tapping head screws
- 1/4″ hax head screws
- 1/8′ medium length rivets
- Gutter hanging Strap
- Gutter sealant
- Gutter Flashing
Gutter installation tools:
- Cordless drill
- Extension ladder
- Hex head driver
- Offset tin snips
- Pop rivet gun
Install Rain Gutter….
1. Cutting the gutter: Cut the both (front and back) sides with tin snips and bend to cut the bottom. It’s easier to join the gutter section on the ground than stand on a ladder.
2. Notch the Corner: Cut 2/3 inches long notch edge of gutter to join inside or outside corner piece or set the end caps.
3. Join the Section: Apply the gutter sealant 1/2″ back from the gutter edge even on pop rivets. Hook the gutter lip over the notched section of gutter.
4. Rivet the all Section: Drill the gutter join the gutter corner with 1/8″ rivets and apply a dab of sealant. Now drill the other holes for join other gutter sections and install rivets.
5. Join the corner or side cap with the gutter and rivet.
6. Join the two section of the gutter and sealant the place.
7. Measure the gutter corner to cut downspout hole and apply gutter sealant to set downspout outlet tube.
8. Downspout size and quantity will determine how quick your gutter become empty. For every 10feet gutter run down 1/4 inches to downspout.
9. Set the gutter hungers with gutter and before setting align a level to check the slope.